Some women crave bags, others covet shoes but for me it’s all about coats. I love nothing more than wrapping up and blocking out the British cold. I also love the heaviness of coats and the way they hang on my body. Perhaps my love for coats is fuelled by the fact I can justify some extravagant purchases because they are also such practical wardrobe staples. Chunky, heavy coats in reds, navys, black & whites, nudes and pinks are warming my heart this season. Here’s some of my favourites;
January 03, 2012
Oh dear, I have just come across this and its already soared straight to the top of my want list. I am not usually a fan of snakeskin textures, but the beautiful navy colour combined with gold hardware makes this a classy, functional bag that I could pair with nearly everything in my wardrobe. But at £1100 its not going to be mine without a challenge. Anyone want a kidney?
January 02, 2012
January 01, 2012
2011 has really been the year of changes and looking back it's hard to believe so much has happened all in one year!
- Finally finished college with A,B,C
- Received offers from Falmouth Arts, Newport and London college of Fashion
- Moved house for the first time in my life
- Moved to London
- Said goodbye to PC’s and hello to MAC’s
- Met the most amazing people at university
- Got over lifes hurdles and grew from them
- Experienced Love & loss
- Assisted a Vogue photographer at fashion week
- Went to the same fashion show as Anna Wintour!
- Met celebrities in London clubs
- Learnt to fry an egg
- Failed at making an omelette
- Learnt to walk in high heels everyday
- Discovered that squid tastes amazing
- Mastered the London underground
- Got lost on the London underground
- Sipped Dom Perignon in Mayfair clubs
- Danced next to the DJ’s at the ministry of sound’s top 100 DJ awards
- Shopped vintage at bricklane
- Saved a friends life by spotting her meningitis symptoms
- Spent entire days getting lost in the V&A and natural history museum
- Got shamefully drunk at university
- Discovered that margaritas are the most vile drinks on the planet.
- Watched the oxford Christmas lights get switched on
- Became more independent
- Finally read the millennium trilogy – which is AMAZING
- Spent a weekend with my mum in south Kensington
- Got back into art and drawing
- Developed my fashion portfolio
- Turned down a job interview at Harrods
- Partied in a onepiece at mahiki with the made in Chelsea cast
- Appeared in (the background of) a vogue video ;)
- Cried my eyes out at the last harry potter and realised it has been part of my life since I was 6 years old.
- Turned the big two zero
- Drunk too much, cried a bit, laughed hell of a lot and learnt valuable lessons.
A big thank you to all my followers who have supported me throughout the year and wishing you all a fantastic 2012! :)
2012 - lets make this a good one!
Labels: My thoughts and memoirs